Sunday 5 November 2017

More slow stuff

Mixed bean chilli - left to bubble while we were out trick-or-treating.

I did my usual basic recipe (onions, courgettes, peppers, tinned tomatoes, sweetcorn, chilli powder, and whatever beans I can lay my hands on - kidney, blackeye, canellini, black in this case). Hard to reduce the liquid when there's no added water, and indeed this came out a bit soupy. Next time I think I will bung some red lentils in to thicken.


Slow cooker lamb curry (BBC Good Food)

Oddly this said to put everything in the slow cooker pot and refrigerate overnight. I didn't read that in time, but I don't have room in my fridge anyway, so I skipped that stage. It didn't seem to matter. I also used korma paste as that's what we had. The kale was OK but left a bit of a cabbagey aroma while cooking so I might consider a switch next time, maybe mushrooms for bulk and spinach for greens. And, ironically given the above, I forgot the lentils and it was again a bit soupy. But that meant plenty of sauce for naan breads to soak up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment